2012 Area Halloween Happenings
Bikers Who SCARE Haunted House
Oct 12, 13, 19, 20, 26, 27, 31
10th Annual BWC Haunted House
Entry $10 - Opens 7pm each night
In the Old Carmike Theater - 1955 Madison St.
Fright on Franklin (Clarksville)
Franklin Street and surrounding areas of downtown Clarksville, TN
Saturday, October 27th from 3-7 p.m.
Free to the public
Downtown Trick-or-Treating, Costume Contest, Pumpkin Carving Contest and more Halloween fun!
For more details on the event and information about being a business vendor, contact the Clarksville Parks and Recreation Office at 931-645-7476 or visit www.cityofclarksville.com/parksandrec
Trick or Treat Downtown (Hopkinsville)
Celebrate Halloween downtown October 31, for the Annual Hopkinsville "Trick-or Treat Downtown."
3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. For more information call the Recreation Department at 270-887-4290
Evilultion Horror Attraction
Pleasant View Tennessee's First & Cheatham County's Only
Locally Owned & Operated Haunted Attraction
7091 41-A S., Pleasant View, TN | Go to their facebook page here.
Riverview Mounds Century Farm
1715 Boyd Rinehart Rd, Clarksville, TN 37043
Clarksville’s premiere Pumpkin Patch and Corn Maze
Clarksville’s home for Family, Farming, and Fun!
Pumpkin patch, corn maze, hay rides, concessions, barrel train rides, petting zoo, pony rides, giant farm playground, etc…
For more information call 931-206-9879 or visit www.RiverViewMoundsFarm.com
The Evil Community of Talon Falls
2932 State Route 849 West, Melber, KY 42069
Get dates here
You have never been to a haunted adventure like Talon Falls... Really! Talon Falls features a new interactive theme every year. Over 80 actors (not fake
silly animatronics) entertain you throughout your 40+ minute journey. Talon Falls is a combination of indoor mazes and outdoor paths through the woods, junkyards, trailer parks, lagoons, and more. Each section of your journey is accented by movie style sound effects, lighting, fog, and wind. Key characters act out sequences with amplified audio and light effects. No haunted attraction in the world goes to these lengths to entertain you with an all original cast (no Hollywood monsters), interactive themes and the uniquely frightening abandoned town of Talon Falls. You have to experience it to believe it!
For more information, contact the Screamfest Hotline: (270) 674-5690 or visit www.talonfalls.com
Ghouls at Grassmere
• Nashville Zoo
• Ghouls at Grassmere runs from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. each evening from October 18-21 and 25-28.
• The Zoo will close at 4 p.m. and then re-open at 5:00 p.m. for the festivities.
• This year many new activities and events will be available.
• There is a zoo member price for $12 and non-member price of $15 for admittance into the event each evening.
• For more information about Ghouls at Grassmere, please e-mail special email@example.com or visit http://www.nashvillezoo.org/events_detail.asp?eventID=28
Nashville Ghost Tours
• Time: Varies
• Location: Varies from tour to tour
• Tours to choose from:
Haunted Downtown Nashville Tour- $15 Adults; $8 Children 7-11
Haunted Tavern Tours- $15
Haunted Hearse Tours- $25 Adults; $15 Children 7-11 • Reservations are required • For more information call 615-884-3999 or visit www.nashvilleghosttours.com
Dead Land Haunted Woods
• 7040 Murfreesboro Rd, Lebanon, TN
• Admission: $15.00 per person ($25 for both Trails) Open Friday and Saturday through Halloween from 7 p.m. to 12 a.m.
• The most terrifying 1.2 miles of your life.
• For more information visit www.deadlandwoods.com
Death Row Sanitarium of Slaughter
• 418 Harding Industrial Dr., Nashville, TN • Admission: $12.00 per person • Open every Friday and Saturday in October and Halloween Night from 7 p.m. to 12 a.m.
• Nashville’s largest indoor Haunted House.
• For more information call 615-833-1433 or visit http://www.deathrowhauntedhouse.net/
Death Valley Haunted Woods
• 769 West Main St., Hendersonville, TN
• Admission: Cash only
• Open every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday in October as well as the 26th through the 31st from 7 p.m. to 1 a.m. except Sundays when it closes at 11 • The largest and most detailed outdoor haunt in middle Tennessee!
• For more information call 615-822-5106 or visit http://www.deathvalleyhauntedwoods.com/
Bell Witch Halloween Tours
• 430 Keysburg Rd, Adams, TN
• Open October 6-7, 13-14, 19-21, 26-28 and 31 • Times vary • Cave tours, haunted hayrides, psychic readings and more at the historically haunted Bell Witch Caves.
• For more information call 615-696-3055 or visit http://www.bellwitchcave.com/ghost_hauntings/bell_witch.htm
Heritage Foundation of Franklin & Williamson County TN. Downtown Franklin, TN • 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on October 27, 2012 • The fun will continue until 9p.m on Main Street from 4th to 5th avenues. Pumpkinfest, our annual fall festival, attracts a crowd of 50,000 local and out-of-town visitors for a full day of autumn-inspired food, children’s activities, music, storytelling, hayrides, a chili cook-off, a costume contest, All Things Pumpkin! and outstanding arts and crafts from 50 vendors • For more information call 615-591-8500 or visit Historicfranklin.com/events/pumpkinfest
• 505 Deaderick St., Downtown Nashville, TN • Admission is free to the public • Saturday, October 20th from 12p.m. to 4 p.m.
• The State Museum’s annual ghost story festival is back for its 12th year and promises to be more entertaining than ever! Haunted Museum is FREE! The event features a “ghost trail” through the museum with prizes, crafts, and refreshments. At stops along the ghost trail there will be chilling ghost stories from Tennessee’s past, including those of the Bell Witch, the Cherokee spirit Spearfinger, John Murrell’s thumb, and many other scary tales.For more information call 615-741-2692
Goodlettsville Pumpkin Fest
• Kids will enjoy trick or treating along the trail, hayrides and games at this Annual Halloween event.
• October 31st at 5:00 p.m.-7:30 p.m.
• Location: Moss Wright Park, 755 Caldwell Lane, Goodlettsville • Phone: 1-615-851-2255 or visit www.cityofgoodlettsville.org
Gentry's Pumpkin Farm
• Gentry's offers a hayride, a cornfield maze, and more. Admission: $6 per person for Activity Area. Open weekends in October-Saturdays (9am-5pm), Sundays (1-5 pm), and Monday mornings from 9a-noon.
• Location: 1974 Highway 96, Franklin
• Phone: 615-794-4368
For more information visit www.gentryfarm.com
Haunted Franklin Tour
• Admission: $18 for adults, $10 for teens and $5 for Children • The Haunted Franklin Tour, offered most evenings at dusk covers about six city blocks and lasts approximately 90 minutes. This tour tells the sordid and ghoulish tales of Historic Franklin.
• Tours year-round/Reservations required.
Location: 108 Fourth Avenue South, Sandy's Downtown Grille, Franklin
Phone: 615-400-3808.For More information visit: www.Franklinonfoot.com
Don't throw that jack-o'-lantern out after Halloween. Pick one of these recipies to reuse your spooky ornament.
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
Toss your pumpkin seeds into a bowl with melted butter and a seasoning of your choice. Then place in the oven at 300 for about 30 minutes while stirring occasionally. Add spices like cayenne, garlic or chili powder for an added taste.
With a little added flavor pumpkins can taste great right on the grill. Add a 1/4 cup of butter, 3 tbsp of brown sugar, 1 tsp of cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg in a bowl. Use the spread on a small chunk of pumpkin and grill skin side down for 35-45 minutes.
Mashed Pumpkin "Mock" Potatoes
Boil a head of cauliflower and 3 parsnips for about 20 minutes. Add the vegetables, 1 pound of pumpkin and some nutmeg and cinnamon. Blend ingredients until smooth.
Combine sugar and 2 packages of cream cheese until well blended. Beat in 4 cups of powdered sugar, 1 can of pumpkin pie filling, 2 tsp of cinnamon and 1 tsp ginger. Store dip in the refrigerator.